Varsity Hockey Head Coach
Alpena Public Schools is accepting applications for a Varisty Hockey Head Coach. Teaching vacancies are also available for those with a valid Michigan teaching certificate. All subjects areas considered. Please complete an application on the Alpena Public Schools website www.alpenaschools.com, under the INFO tab, then Employment Opportunitites. Deadline for applications is Friday, April 21, 2017.
SUMMARY: Varsity Hockey Head Coach to help each participating student-athlete achieve the highest level of skill, develop an appreciation for values such as discipline and sportsmanship, and increase personal confidence. Teaching positions may also available for those possessing valid State of Michigan teaching certificates. All certifications considered.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the sport at a mastery level.
- Schedule regular, effective and structured practices throughout the season.
- Oversee safety conditions of facilities and provide for the supervision of students at all times.
- Maintain accurate statistics, records, and results of individual games, season, and program history when possible.
- Be positive, enthusiastic, supportive, and maintain high standards of ethics, integrity, sportsmanship and leadership.
- Educate students and parents about expectations during annual Right-To-Know Meetings.
- Enforce all APS and MHSAA policies. Be knowledgeable of the Athletic Code of Conduct and apply consequences for infractions.
Bachelor of Science/Arts degree from an accredited college or university with a valid teaching certificate and a degree program with a major or minor in physical education or equivalent hours and courses in coaching theory is preferred. Experience in physical education, coaching, first-aid, CPR, and sports medicine desirable.
Alpena Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.