Marketing Education Teacher
POSITION: Marketing Education Teacher – 1.0 FTE
Canton High School
Plymouth-Canton is seeking to employ culturally responsive teachers who will be able to support and sustain equity-focused instruction for all learners. These educators create high achieving learning environments. They identify and systematically apply differentiated.
- Must possess a valid Michigan teaching certificate with endorsements in Vocational Marketing Education (VM) and Business Education (GX) covering grades 9-12.
- The teacher must be proficient at teaching a variety of Marketing and Advanced Marketing classes.
- The teacher must be computer proficient as well as incorporate computers as tools for the learner.
- Preferred candidate will have experience in school store operations and with Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) as well as having an additional endorsement in a core subject area.
RELEVANT UNDERSTANDINGS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Awareness of the physical, social, emotional and academic development of the learner.
- Capable of nurturing the home-school-community relationship.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in the core subject areas.
- Able to provide a flexible, stable and pleasant learning environment that is student-centered while maintaining appropriate classroom management.
- Familiarity with culturally relevant pedagogy and be able to include this pedagogy in his/her teaching practices.
- Understanding of pertinent learning intervention practices, such as Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS).
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in professional learning communities.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in research based instructional practices.
- Knowledge and practice with formative and summative assessments to evaluate and improve student achievement.
- Ability to implement school district curriculum with consistency.
- Work closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data and use data to inform instruction.
- Collaborate in grade level teams to discuss student work, share best practices, and ensure student mastery of standards.
- Form and maintain relationships with students’ families. Participate in on-going professional development in the spirit of continuous improvement.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's Policy on Evaluation of Certificated Personnel.
BEGINNING DATE: As soon as possible after posting deadline and interviews
SALARY: First step of the applicable salary schedule
BA Step 1 - $39,954
MA Step 1 - $43,954
Salary will be prorated to start date
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Two Step Process
Step 1 - Complete the online application: https://hr-applications.pccs.k12.mi.us/Login.aspx
Complete the entire online application including the Teacher Supplemental section, and upload the following documents in the File Upload section:
. Cover Letter (attach in resume section). Address letter to Dr. Liz Vartanian-Gibbs,
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources and Labor Relations
. Two Letters of recommendation
. Copies of official transcripts for all degrees earned
. Copy of valid Michigan teaching certificate
Please note that documents uploaded to your online application will need to be one of the following file formats: .jpg, .tif, .doc, .pdf, or .gif. Files should be no larger than 8.5" x 11" scanned in black and white or 256 grayscale. Because all required documents are attached to the online application, it is not necessary to submit paperwork to our office.
Step 2 - Apply for the position
From the main page of the your online application in the ‘Available Jobs’ section, find the job code for the position you are interested in and click ‘APPLY’ on the left-hand side of the page. The job will then appear at the top of the page in the ‘Jobs You Have Applied For’ section.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Friday, January 13, 2017 – 4:00 p.m.